Tools For Master Gardeners
List of useful resources for Master Gardeners
Tools for creating handouts, flyers, PowerPoints, etc.
If, as a WSU Extension Master Gardener, you are creating printed material for handouts or a PowerPoint presentation there are three elements that should always be included. They are:
- Non-discrimination statement
- Official WSU Extension Lewis County Master Gardener logo (To copy the logo into your document, from the Edit menu on your tool bar, click on Select All, then from the Edit menu again, select Copy. Open the document your are creating and from the Edit menu select Paste. You can adjust the size by clicking on any corner and enlarge or reduce the size.)
- Contact information
WSU provided templates with the official WSU Extension Master Gardener logo and colors. Follow this link to access the templates: http://mastergardener.wsu.edu/templates/
For help with creating documents or PowerPoint programs or to have copies printed or to check out equipment for a program, please contact your Coordinator.
Request for Reimbursement
- Expenses for demonstration gardens or other Master Gardener projects must be pre-approved by the coordinator or the person in charge of that project.
- The receipt for the approved expenditure should be attached to a completed Request for Reimbursement form and signed by the person in charge of the project.
- Turn in the completed and signed form with receipt attached to the coordinator or treasurer.
Volunteer Impact Report Forms
Whenever Master Gardeners present a program at a public workshop, a garden club, a school or any other organization, a Volunteer Impact Report should be completed and turned into the office.
This information is used to compile reports for civil rights reviews, WSU reports and reports to the Lewis County Commissioners. Copies can be printed from here or picked up at the Master Gardener office. Volunteer Impact Form
Policies and Procedures
The policies and procedures on this page are specifically for WSU Lewis County Master Gardeners. They are reviewed and updated as needed every other year. For questions or comments, please contact the Lewis County Master Gardener Coordinator.
WSU Lewis County Policies and Prohttps://lewis-mg-mrc.org/wp-content/uploads/MG-Final-Policies-Procedures-6-23-15.pdf
BlackBoard Learn – for Master Gardener Trainees a quick link to WSU Blackboard.
MG On-line Scheduler – for WSU Lewis County Master Gardener Plant Clinics and Events only. Sign up on line for any openings, see what is available, check your schedule to see what you are signed up for or find a substitute if you are unable to fulfill your commitment.
On-line volunteer hour reporting – enter hours monthly step-by-step instructions for recording hours. If you are unable to record your hours on line because you don’t have access a computer, please record your hours on the Volunteer Time Record (you can pick up a paper copy at the WSU Extention office) and turn it in Monthly.
Volunteer Impact Forms – complete this form and return to the WSU Extension office each time you speak or present a program.
Request for Reimbursement Form – must be signed by the person requesting reimbursement and by the coordinator of the project or program for which the money is being spent. Please do not purchase materials and request reimbursement without first checking with the project coordinator.